The air traffic control systems employed in the Reykjavik control centre are:
Flight Data Processing System (FDPS) providing:
- General flight data processing.
- Electronic flight progress strips.
- Automatic internal and external coordination.
- Conflict probing.
- Flight progress calculation based on a weather model.
- FANS1/A ADS-C and CPDLC.
- ARINC 623 Oceanic clearance delivery.
Surveillance Data Distribution (SDDS-NG) and Processing Systems (ARTAS)
- SDDS-NG converts radar data to ASTERIX standards and distributes to ARTAS
- ARTAS processes data from 8 ADS-B ground stations and 7 radar antennas
Integrated Situation Display System and radar data processing system providing:
- Multi Radar data processing.
- Air situation picture showing both radar and CPL tracks.
- Short Term Conflict Alerting (STCA).
- Lateral- and vertical conformance monitoring against the cleared oceanic flight profile.
- Functionality to graphically display flight profiles, estimates, crossing times etc.
Voice Communication System for both internal and external voice communication