Akureyri International Airport is well located in North Iceland giving a good gateway into the Arctic North. The airport is also well located between Europe and US for international flights.
Akureyri Airport has has scheduled flights to several locations in Iceland including Reykjavik in the South, Grimsey Island in North as well as Thorshofn and Vopnafjordur in the East.
International flight from Akureyri airport includes scheduled and charter flights to Greenland. Charter flights are available to destinations overseas, with travel agencies offering direct flights to several destinations including Stockholm, Dublin, Riga, Ljubljana, Tenerife and Alicante.
SERVICES AT THE AIRPORT
• Four car rentals are located at the airport; Hertz, Avis, Europcar and Thrifty.
• A bistro is located in the terminal offering food, snacks and drinks.
• Air Iceland takes care of ground handling at the airport.
• Arctic Maintenance offers maintenance for aircraft located at the airport.
• Akureyri International Airport is the center for ambulance and emergency flights in Iceland.
• Akureyri Aviation Academy is located at the airport.
• Duty Free shopping for international travelers.
Iceland´s Regional Airport - brochure