We place great value on the physical and mental health of our staff. We work together as one team and support each other. We are agreed that bullying and other psychosocial, gender-based or sexual harassment are not to be tolerated under any circumstances.
We have adopted an ambitious response plan against bullying and other harassment. The response plan sets out a procedure so that our employees know whom to contact and provides clear communication channels for victims and perpetrators.
We seek to improve our staff’s health by providing them with a good working environment, encouraging them to improve their all-round health and fitness and providing them with health-related instruction.
- We provide annual health checks and influenza vaccinations.
- A nurse holds regular consultations at our largest workplaces every three months.
- We also offer a nurse’s consultation by telephone about the health and well-being of employees and their families.
- We take part in health-related initiatives such as Pink Friday, Pink Ribbon, Moustache March, the Wow Cyclothon, Cycling to Work and the Reykjavik Marathon, and support various charitable causes.
- Our annual “Happy Days” offer a range of lectures on mental and physical health and include other health-related events.
- Every employee is entitled to a physical fitness allowance to cover gym membership or similar fees.
We promote occupational health and safety to reduce occupational diseases and accidents. When needed, we engage occupational therapists to review our workplaces and workstations and propose improvements. Isavia has a Safety Committee, which is composed of representatives of both staff and management.