A Stress-Free Guide
At KEF, we understand that security screening can be a point of anxiety for many guests. Our aim is to make this process as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Here's a simple guide to help you through:
Before Security Screening:
- Boarding Pass Scan: Start by scanning your boarding pass at the automatic gate.
- Know the Rules: Familiarize yourself with security regulations before your journey to ensure a swift process.
- Preparation Area: Use our designated area to dispose of any liquids or prohibited items before you reach security.
At Security Screening:
- Maximum 100ml per container.
- Total liquid volume shouldn't exceed 1 litre.
- Place all liquids in a transparent zipper bag.
- Remove this bag from your hand luggage and place it in a tray.
- Remove laptops and large electronic devices from your hand luggage. Place them in a separate tray without any other items.
- E-Cigarettes and Vaping Devices: Carry these items in cabin baggage only.
- Take off coats and jackets.
- Remove belts, empty pockets, and place these items in a tray.
- You may be asked to remove your shoes for screening.
Please note that all checked baggage will go through screening as part of pre-flight security measures. At times, the contents of a luggage may need to be checked further. Passengers shall ensure that items in their bags are arranged in such a way to avoid any risk of items falling out of the bag when opened.
KEF is not responsible for items that fall out of luggage and are damaged during security searches in cargo.
Liquid 100ml per unit
Remove laptop and electronics from hand luggage
Empty pockets and withdraw belt
After Security Screening:
- Duty-Free Purchases: Feel free to buy liquids and other goods in the departure lounge.
- Connecting Flights: If on a connecting flight, place duty-free liquids and their receipt in a sealed bag. Do not open this bag until you reach your final destination.
- Checked-in Luggage: If your luggage isn’t checked through to your final destination, consider placing duty-free liquids in your checked-in luggage for subsequent flights.
Dealing with Prohibited Items:
- Options for Prohibited Items: If prohibited items are found in hand luggage, you can opt to check them in, provided they're allowed in checked luggage.
- No Storage Facilities: Please be aware, KEF doesn’t offer storage for prohibited items.