SPECIAL ASSISTANCE AT THE AIRPORT (PRM SERVICE)
If you have a disability or reduced mobility, you can request special assistance with your journey through Keflavik airport terminal by specially trained staff free of charge.
It is important to notify your airline, tour operator or travel agent of your need for assistance at least 48 hours before departure.
When you arrive at the airport, you must announce your arrival by any of the following means:
- By presenting yourself at the check-in desk of the handling company in charge of the flight.
- By using the call post at the designated parking place on the north side of the terminal, departure side.
- By using the call post at the designated point in the departure hall. Our specially trained assistants will attend to you promptly and do their level best to provide you with a comfortable and safe service.
THE FOLLOWING ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE SERVICE:
- Passengers who cannot walk long distances easily, including ill, injured or elderly people
- Passengers in wheelchairs
- The deaf and hard of hearing
- The blind and visually impaired
- The intellectually impaired
- Passengers can apply for assistance from the airline, tour operator or travel agent at least 48 hours before scheduled departure. The request must reach our service desk at least 36 hours prior to departure.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO STATE THE FOLLOWING:
- The type of assistance needed
- The degree of disability or reduced mobility
- Whether the passenger can walk short distances or not at all
- Whether the passenger can walk up or down stairways
- Blindness or visual impairment
- Deafness or hearing impairment
- Intellectual impairment
- The flight number and flight date
- The ticket’s booking number
- Whether you will be bringing your own wheelchair (manual/electric, dry/wet cell)
- Anything else that you consider important, so we can assist you in the best possible way (such as claustrophobia, epilepsy, etc.)
If your request for assistance is made later than 36 hours before departure, our staff will of course do their utmost to assist you as soon possible. However, delays may occur as a result.
Assistance is provided from designated meeting points in the car park and departure hall to the aircraft or cabin seat as needed.
SERVICE QUESTIONNAIRE REGARDING ASSISTANCE TO PASSENGERS WITH REDUCED MOBILITY (PRM)
To guarantee quality service, your opinion matters a lot. Could you be so kind to answer a few questions?